Roscommon Public Participation Network (RPPN)
Nomination form for
Housing ICT and Rural Water Strategic Policy Committee (SPC)
Note any person who wants to be considered as a PPN Representative; must
- Complete in full the appropriate nomination form
- Nominees should ensure that they understand the time commitment, required attendance etc relating to the position applied for (See over)
- Be proposed and seconded by 2 members of their own Social Inclusion RPPN registered group
- Nominating Groups for Housing, ICT and Rural Water SPC must be from the Social Inclusion College of Roscommon PPN
- Nominating groups for Housing, ICT and Rural Water can be from Athlone, Boyle or Roscommon Municipal District
- Include a short Biography (max 100 words) of the nominee for inclusion on RPPN Ballot Sheet
- Ensure nomination form is returned to Roscommon PPN by closing date 25th March 2020
Nominating Group: ______________________________ Group PPN number: ______
Nominee Name: ______________________________________________________
Nominee address: ______________________________________________________
Nominee Phone Number: _____________ Email: _____________________________
Proposed by: __________________________ Position in Group: _________________
Signed by Proposer: ______________________________________________________
Seconded by: __________________________ Position in Group: _________________
Signed by Seconder: _____________________________________________________
Signed by nominee: ________________________________ Date: ________________
This form collects your name, email & phone number only for the purpose of RPPN elections
and related communications; it will not be used for any other purpose.
- In the event of more nominations than vacancies available; an election will be held
- A panel will be created following election process to fill any current or future vacant positions
- RPPN Reps are expected to collect and present the views and opinions of member organisations (including, but not limited to, his/her own group) of the PPN body which elected him/her
- All RPPN Reps are required to sign the Reps Charter and to adhere to RPPN reporting mechanisms, Constitution, Policies etc
- RPPN representative expenses will be paid in accordance with Financial policy of RPPN
- RPPN is non-political, non-sectarian and adheres to CVSP 8/2018 re PPNs and Engagement in the Political Process
|Housing ICT and Rural Water Strategic Policy Committee (SPC)|
|Who to Contact
|Name: Brenda Mc Nicholas
Phone: 086 0478616
|Who are We||A committee of representatives from the following sectors:
Roscommon County Council x9
Social Inclusion x1
Community & Voluntary x1
Trade Union x1
|What We Do||· The Housing, ICT and Rural Water SPC was set up to advise and assist on the development of policy in the Housing, ICT and Rural Water sections of Roscommon County Council.
· Functions of the housing section of RCC include the provision of social housing, assessment of housing needs, housing strategies, homelessness, housing loans and grants, Traveller accommodation, voluntary housing, private rented sector, housing standards and estate management.
· Functions of the ICT section include Digital Transformation.
· Functions of Rural Water include rural water and group water licencing.
|How Often We Meet||Approx. 4 times per year in Áras an Chontae, Roscommon
|Role of PPN Representative||The PPN Representative, using the skills and abilities they have developed through working with their own group, is expected to gather and present the views and opinions of all member organisations (including, but not limited to, his/her own group) of the PPN body which nominated him/her.
The Representative brings issues of relevance from the community to the RPPN Secretariat and gives feedback to the community by filling in the Representative Report after every meeting they attend on the PPNs behalf.
Please return completed Nomination form for the position of:
1 Social Inclusion PPN Rep
or for more details in relation to any of above please contact:
Roscommon PPN-Public Participation Network, C/O Community & Enterprise Section, Roscommon County Council, Áras an Chontae, Roscommon. F42 VR98
Direct Line: 086 0478616 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org