PRESS UPDATE MONDAY 16TH MARCH, 2020
Roscommon County Council today announce that with effect from Wednesday 18th March 2020 that users of our Motor Tax service in County Buildings Roscommon Town are advised of the following:
- NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED AT OUR MOTOR TAX PUBLIC COUNTER AS THESE COUNTERS WILL NOT BE STAFFED.
- Postal and deleivered applications will be processed in our back offices and will be posted out to applicants in due course.
- Accordingly, Roscommon County Council recommends that you consult motortax.ie for renewals of motor tax.
- Where services cannot be provided online, we encourage you to apply by post to Roscommon County Council:
Motor Tax Department
Aras an Chontae
- In the event that a member of the public attends at the counter in County Buildings a post box will be available for applications.
Commenting on the announcement, Mr Eugene Cummins, Chief Executive of Roscommon County Council said “Our first priority is the safety of both the public who use our services and our staff who provide them. We will continue to ensure that services are provided in a sustainable way and in such a manner that the public are protected.
In line with recent Government announcements the position remains, that mass gatherings of more than 500 people in outdoor locations should not go ahead.
The HSE have requested that our playgrounds remain open and as our playgrounds are outdoor venues and are small in scale we are not announcing any closures of playgrounds at this time.
In the interest of public safety, we ask parents to heed the advice of the HSE in terms of practicing social distancing, including by children.
Director of Water Services, Environment, Governance and Corporate Affairs and Athlone Municipal District Area Manager
Designated Public Official under Regulations and Lobbying Act, 2015.
Oifigeach Poiblí Sainithe faoin Acht um Brústocaireacht a Rialáil 2015