The Department of Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government (“the Department”) operates a communities facilities capital grant scheme through the Local Community Development Committees in order to support community participation and involvement. Under the scheme community and voluntary groups may apply for grants for capital projects which benefit the local community. Applications should relate to at least one key target group and thematic area in order to be eligible for consideration.
Target groups and thematic areas
- Older people
- Ex-prisoners and families of prisoners/ex-prisoners
- Projects promoting cultural activity
- Projects promoting equality
- Community development projects
- Projects promoting integration
- Projects which are part of the Creative Ireland 2017-2022 initiative
- The Scheme will offer grants up to a maximum of €1,000 per project.
The funding available under the Scheme is for capital projects or elements of projects only. Current projects in part or full will not be funded. In cases where both current and capital works are carried out together, only the capital element can be funded through this Scheme.
In order to facilitate groups in preparing an application full details of the scheme are available on www.roscommoncoco.ie or by contacting the Community Section of Roscommon County Council on 09066 37235 or email email@example.com
CFS application form Roscommon 2017.pdf (size 303.6 KB)
CFS application guidelines Roscommon 2017.pdf (size 108.2 KB)
Director of Services
Community Facilities Capital Grant Scheme