Roscommon Public Participation Network currently have a vacancy for a Social Inclusion Representative on the Housing and Corporate Strategic Policy Committee (SPC) of Roscommon County Council
Topics for Consideration at this SPC
- Housing Miscellaneous Provisions Bill 2014
- Revised Procedure for Repossessing Local Authority Dwellings
- Tenant Purchase of Local Authority Houses
- Housing Assistance Payment Scheme
- Direct Deduction of Rent by the Minister for Social Protection
- Rent Scheme -Amendment of section 31 (rent schemes and charges) of Act of 2009
- National Housing Strategy for People with a Disability 2011-2016
- National Guidelines for the Assessment and Allocation Process for Housing Provision for People with a Disability
- National Social Housing Strategy
- National Quality Standards Framework for Homeless Services in Ireland
- Energy Efficiency/Retrofitting Programme – Information
Skills and Experience
Persons being nominated to the Housing & Corporate SPC should:
- Have a keen interest and awareness of relevant issues in the electoral college (pillar) you are seeking to represent
- Be working on the ground, on a voluntary or paid basis, in a community group
- Good organisational skills
- Experience of taking part on a board or committee
- Have a commitment to attend meetings, PPN events and participating fully in the duties of the Strategic Policy Committee
HOW TO NOMINATE A CANDIDATE
- Current member groups of Roscommon PPN Social Inclusion electoral college who meet the membership criteria can nominate one person.
- The person nominated must also be a member of a group from the social inclusion pillar, which is a member of Roscommon PPN.
- The person nominated must have consented in advance to their own nomination.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Please send the name, group, address and contact details of the nominee as well as the proposer’s name, group and contact details along with details of specific skill sets the candidate would bring in relation to the criteria detailed above. This document should be a maximum of one A4 page in 12 point Arial typeface.
Please be aware this information about the nominee will be shared throughout the network and on social media so please ask for the nominee’s consent before sending.
Expressions of Interest with the required supporting information should be submitted by Monday 27th March at 5pm to: Roscommon PPN, Unit 12, Tower B, Roscommon West Business Park, Golf Links Road, Roscommon, email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel. 090 6665735 / 086 0478616
Further details can be requested from the contacts listed above. Elections will be held at the County Plenary on April 5th in Kilbride Community Centre, Four Mile House, Roscommon.