Roscommon Public Participation Network currently have a vacancy for an environment representative on the Environment & Emergency Strategic Policy Committee (SPC) of Roscommon County Council
Topics for Consideration at this SPC
- River Basin Management Plans
- Noise Action Plans
- Advertising Signs Policy
- Refuse Collection Waiver Scheme
- Bye-laws on Storage and Collection of Household waste
- Biodiversity Plan
- Litter Management Plan
- Connaught Waste Management Plan
- Rural Water Programme
- Civic Amenity Sites and Landfills
- Environmental Sustainability Issues
- Environmental Awareness / Education
- Renewable Energy Projects
- Wastewater Discharge Licensing
- Group Water Licensing
- Major Emergency Management
- Fire and Emergency Services
Skills and Experience
Persons being nominated to the Environment & Emergency SPC should:
- Have a keen interest and awareness of relevant issues in the electoral college (pillar) you are seeking to represent
- Be working on the ground, on a voluntary or paid basis, in a community group
- Good organisational skills
- Experience of taking part on a board or committee
- Have a commitment to attend meetings, PPN events and participating fully in the duties of the Strategic Policy Committee
HOW TO NOMINATE A CANDIDATE
- Current member groups of Roscommon PPN environment electoral college who meet the membership criteria can nominate one person.
- The person nominated must also be a member of a group from the environment pillar, which is a member of Roscommon PPN.
- The person nominated must have consented in advance to their own nomination.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Please be aware the information about the nominee will be shared throughout the network and on social media so please ask for the nominee’s consent before sending.
Nomination forms should be submitted by Friday August 4th to: Roscommon PPN, Unit 12, Tower B, Roscommon West Business Park, Golf Links Road, Roscommon, email: email@example.com tel. 090 6665735 / 086 0478616