Roscommon Public Participation Network currently have a vacancy for a Social Inclusion representative on the Secretariat of the PPN.
The key responsibilities of the Secretariat are to:
- Identify, coordinate and facilitate activities of the PPN which are of benefit to its members
- Communicate with all PPN members and disseminate information concerning all PPN activities
- Ensure the proper functioning of the PPN
- Devise a work plan and proposals to present to the Plenary
- Work closely with PPN Staff to enable them to deliver the PPN objectives
- Support the strategic development of the Roscommon PPN
- Work to ensure that the profile of the PPN is raised and inclusive
- Work to ensure that representatives and linkage groups are participative
- The Secretariat meets once a month, usually the 1st Monday of every month, from 7 to 9pm. Travel expenses are reimbursed for those who give their time to serve on this important body.
Skills and Experience
Persons being nominated to the Secretariat should:
- Have a keen interest and awareness of general issues in the electoral college (pillar) you are seeking to represent
- Be working on the ground, on a voluntary or paid basis, in a community group
- Good organisational skills
- Experience of taking part on a board or committee
- Have a commitment to attend meetings, PPN events and participating fully in the duties of the Secretariat
HOW TO NOMINATE A CANDIDATE
- Current member groups of Roscommon PPN Social Inclusion electoral college who meet the membership criteria can nominate one person.
- The person nominated must also be a member of a group which is a member of Roscommon PPN.
- The person nominated must have consented in advance to their own nomination.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Please be aware this information about the nominee will be shared throughout the network and on social media so please ask for the nominee’s consent before sending.
Nomination forms should be submitted by Friday May 5th to: Roscommon PPN, Unit 12, Tower B, Roscommon West Business Park, Golf Links Road, Roscommon, email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel. 090 6665735 / 086 0478616