Mr. David Stanton, T.D., Minister of State at the Department of Justice and Equality with responsibility for Integration, Immigration and Equality has announced that applications are now invited for funding under the Communities Integration Fund.
Communities Integration Fund
- The Communities Integration Fund will fund actions by community organisations to promote integration in their local communities.
- The intention is to provide funding and support for communities across Ireland to play a greater role in promoting integration by providing practical support to facilitate social inclusion among the migrant population.
- A total amount of €500,000 will be made available in 2017 to local community based groups to
- in their area e.g. local sporting clubs, faith-based groups, theatrical and cultural organisations.
- Grants/funding may be provided up to a maximum of €5,000 depending on the size and nature of the project.
- Activities may include, for example:-
- · activities aimed at introducing newly arrived migrants to the community
- · measures to encourage migrant participation in local civil and cultural activities (and complement existing programmes and activities)
- · measures to encourage involvement in local sports clubs, theatre groups, youth clubs, after school clubs, scouts, dancing troupes, choirs, drama/theatre groups, parent& child groups, etc.
- · measures to link migrants with opportunities in the community (including employment)
See the newspaper notification published on the 8th February.
Further information and an application form is now available.